Thursday 2 September 2010

A sense of despair, yes

Liberals and despair, again | Michael Tomasky | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk: "But whatever the reason, we are where we are. I did not expect to see this much hatred, this depth of conviction that the president of the United States is an enemy of his own country, this intensity of bigotry directed at American Muslims, this degree of belief in obvious and poisonous lies."

This is scary, very scary. The amount of comments I read that I full with hatred by people that seem to believe the most  outrageous things is scary. At least twice I read comments that said something that neither Milibands should be leaders of the Labour party as they are the sons of an illegal immigrant. That their father was a young man escaping the Nazi nightmare seems not to be important anymore. It was an illegal immigrant. I read someone the other day that said that Eastern Europe has to get rid of the Roma people to progress. The Roma people are its rotten core according to this comment, no one participating  in the discussion said anything against this. I fail to see how a bunch of dispossessed and excluded people can be both at the margins and right in  the core at the same time. The climate might be bad in the US but I don't see a much better picture  in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment